As much as we like to complicate things, sometimes you need to keep things easy. That’s what White Chocolate Cranberry Popcorn is all about. An easy snack, for a busy season.
The recipe stems from one of our family’s favorite holiday cookies: The White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie. So simple, yet so addicting, the White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie would cause a civil war if it were absent during December.
The only downside is that you have to actually make cookies. Sure, baking cookies isn’t hard, but it is time consuming and there always a bunch of dishes you have to clean afterwards… Seriously, why would anyone bake cookies ever?
Anyway, White Chocolate Cranberry Popcorn, on the other hand bridges the gap between a wanting a sweet, salty, tangy snack and actually having to spend the time to make it. It’s a win, win, win, win, win.
Perfect for Christmas Morning snacking, or for holiday light tours, this popcorn will make you forget about all those big brands that make a living selling over-priced popcorn in gift boxes.
Snack hard this holiday season.
White Chocolate Cranberry Popcorn
- 3 Cups of Popped Popcorn (One bag of microwave popcorn, if you want to keep things easy)
- 1/2 Cup of Dried Cranberries, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- One 4 oz bar of White Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Christmas Sprinkles
- Pinch of Salt (more or less depending on how salty your popcorn already is)
- Make the popcorn according to the instructions. Seriously, no judgement on using microwave popcorn.
- Toss the minced cranberries in the powered sugar – This will help separate the cranberries and allow them to stick to the popcorn better.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread out the popcorn on the sheet and top with the cranberries.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for another 20 seconds and stir again – All of the chocolate should be melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn and cranberries, then sprinkle the sprinkles on top and mix well.
- Let the mixed popcorn sit in the refrigerator for about five minutes to set up.