1. “The Specialists: Franklin Barbecue by Aaron Franklin” – Lucky Peach: As noted in the article, Aaron Franklin is a true “wood whisperer” and this first person timeline of his typical day shows a dedication that few will ever achieve. I’ve yet to visit Franklin Barbecue, but I guarantee you it’s very near the top of my to-do list, as it should be on yours.
2. “Fried Chicken Skin With Hot Sauce and Honey From Heritage” – Serious Eats: This is probably the one recipe I’m most excited to try out. It comes from Sean Brock’s book, Heritage (which is a beautiful collection of recipes, stories, and photographs), but is also shared on Serious Eats for your online consumption. I mean, come on! This is the best part of fried chicken, prepared from a recipe by one of the best chefs in the universe. Need I say more?
3. Menswear Dog: It’s pretty much what it sounds like. If you’re having a bad day, scroll through this for a few minutes and you should feel slightly better. Now I’m off to buy some suits for Cooper.
4. Chef’s Story Podcast: I recently just discovered this podcast, which means I’ll be binge-listening to all the back episodes over the next few weeks. Each week Dorothy Hamilton (Founder and CEO of The International Culinary Center) sits down for an in-depth interview with world-renowned chefs. She’s already covered quite a few greats, so chances are your culinary crush has already been interviewed. I’ve already enjoyed both of her interviews with Sean Brock and am looking forward to learning about Christina Tosi on my commute home this evening. So, yeah I’m going to need something amazing for dessert tonight.
5. SAVEUR’s 6th Annual Blog Awards: A lot of people scoff at awards, but I think it’s cool that bloggers are recognized for their work and can pretend to be “famous” for once. Although, some might already be nearing that celebrity status already… So, check out the nominations and vote for your favorites, cause it’s basically their Oscars. While you’re there you might even discover some blogs that you’ve never heard of before. I’ve really been enjoying two blogs that are up for the “Best New Voice” category, Chocolate + Marrow and O&O Eats, so give them a click or two.